South Carolina Severe Weather and Flood Safety Week, sponsored by the National Weather Service and South Carolina Emergency Management Division, will take place March 7-13, 2021. During this week, we encourage all Dunes West residents to review emergency procedures and prepare for severe weather hazards. A different topic will be highlighted each day on NWS and SCEMD social media. Follow along!
- Sunday: Types of Severe Weather
- Monday: Watches and Warnings
- Tuesday: Have Multiple Ways to Stay Connected
- Wednesday: What to do during a tornado **Tornado Drill at 9 AM**
- Thursday: FLOODING! Stats and Danger
- Friday: Turn Around Don’t Drown, flooding home safety tips
- Saturday: After the Storm (storm damage reporting, recovery from storms and flooding, insurance, etc.)
There will be a statewide tornado drill conducted Wednesday, March 10 at 9 AM. This is a great time to practice your safety procedures and ensure communications systems are working properly.